The list of benefits associated with vitamin D keeps expanding, as shown in recent studies. Vitamin D is essential for general well being including bone health, immune function, mental health as well as gut health and much more. Below are some more findings of vitamin D and its benefits:
- The sunshine vitamin was able to reduce levels of oxidative stress within the cardiovascular system, according to the International Journal of Nanomedicine.
- Vitamin D may help people with inflammatory skin disorders, according to a review article in Skin Pharmacology and Physiology.
- It’s also known to regulate insulin levels and aid diabetes management.
- While another research showed that women deficient in Vitamin D may give birth to obese children.
- In another review article, published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vitamin D was found to help people with irritable bowel syndrome. Clinical trials showing that supplementation helped reduce patient’s symptoms like abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea and constipation and improve their quality of life.
It is evident from the findings that most people should have their vitamin D levels tested and a large majority of them would benefit from supplements. You may turn to the sun as your vitamin D savior as regular sun exposure can stimulate the human skin to produce quantities of vitamin D that far exceed your needs. However, sunlight exposure leads to another host of problems such as harmful rays and even some cancers.
Luckily, vitamin D inadequacy can be remedied relatively easily with supplements, its best to take a vitamin D supplement daily.
- Energy Times Magazine March/April 2018 page 8
- European Journal of Clinical Nutrition- Jan 2018